Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Project Better Myself.



So, some of you might think that this blog post might end up being a cop out, but that's your opinion. Part of me is making this post for myself more than for anyone else, but at the same time, its nice to have some support, you know?

Basically, it all started last Friday when I went out with some of my friends from school. I came home after having a good time with them feeling a little better about myself than I had in a long time. Its amazing what compliments can do for a person. But then I reached a point in my internal monologue before bed that I realized all those quotes I've been saving a true. You know, the ones that basically say if you want something to change, then take the initiative and change it. There for, I'm beginning Project Better Myself.

Its simple things, nothing too terribly big. You know, the general eating better, taking longer walks with the dogs, and that kind of thing. But, There's a bit more to it. Little things to help me feel better about who I am and what I can do. Therefore, A more conscious effort to make myself presentable each day for class. Not just throwing a head band on, pulling my hair back and calling it a day. No, I'm gonna make myself look cute.

I want to take a little time to myself at least once a week to do something on my own. Right now I'm really feeling the whole going to Books*a*Million or Barnes and Nobel to enjoy an ice chai tea looking at the books or reading the local entertainment paper supplement things. I also want to enjoy time with my friends and going out and doing something with them at least once a week as well. Like, tomorrow, I'm going bowling. Who can't enjoy their life more while bowling? I mean, really?

The biggest thing that I am going to be working on is trying to compliment myself at least three times a day. Because, its one thing for someone you know to compliment you. Its another thing entirely to compliment yourself and truly believe what it is that you are saying.

So, this is my personal project and I'm pretty excited to get started on it, to be honest. And I think that once I really start enjoying things more, then I will be more apt to actually do so many of the projects that I have planned in the near future. And that has me pretty stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment