Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fabric swap!

So, last month I signed up for my first fabric swap. It was organized by Beth at The Patchwork Chronicles.

I am not gonna lie, I was pretty nervous about what fabrics I would get, but I feel pretty good about mine. I already have some ideas of what I want to do. Now I just need to get to doing them. 

I told my swap partner that I like vintage inspired prints and bright and fun prints. I think I got both, don't you? 

So, I decided to make something with my swap tonight before posting. I've been eyeballing the Pom Pom necklace tutorial at Little Miss Momma for a good while now and decided to try it out with the forget-me-not fabric. So, I cut them all out and then didn't feel like making more than one because I wasn't sure how I liked this fabric for the project. So I finished one then made a yellow rosette. I had no idea what to do with them, so I just slapped them on some felt with a white felt rosette, tossed on some netting and a pin back and called it a day. 

Now I have this pin. I think it looks a bit tacky, but it isn't too bad, right?


Right?

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!! Thanks for joining in on the swap. Stay tuned for when I do more!

    ReplyDelete